For the past 12 years, Michele and her hospital-clients have received the most awards at Custom Learning System’s Annual HealthCare Service Excellence Conference. This year, on February 6-8, the conference was held in Long Beach, CA. She presented “The HCAHPS for Everyone” at the National Symposium on HCAHPS Sustainability and “Staying Positive in a Negative World” receiving a rating of 4.75 and 5, on a 5-point scale.
During the Opening Ceremonies, each hospital client showcased a video they created to incorporate a theme of “Superhero”. The audience voted and selected the best three productions, each were Michele’s clients. Congratulations to:
1st Place – San Luis Valley Health in Alamosa, CO
2nd Place – Pulaski Memorial Hospital in Winamac, IN
3rd Place – Good Shepherd Health Care System in Hermiston, OR
The second day of the conference recognized Breakthrough Awards. These awards celebrate the achievements and improvements of the patient experience and patient satisfaction. Michele worked closely with three of the hospitals recognized over the past year. Congratulations to:
- Pulaski Memorial Hospital – Winamac, IN (21 categories)
- San Luis Valley Health – Alamosa, CO (11 categories)
- Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital – Sioux Falls, SD (10 categories)
On the final Night of Excellence, we celebrated personal and group achievements through the Summit Awards. The Summit Award is the highest award of excellence presented to qualified, innovative, and progressive individuals, teams, and healthcare facilities who have made outstanding progress towards improving the patient experience and staff engagement.
This year, the Summit Awards committee received over 240 nominations from 21 different healthcare organizations spanning 15 states. Fifty-Five of the nominations were chosen as Pinnacle Achievers (the best of the best), and 19 of those 55 were presented the Summit Award. The following Summit Awards were given to our clients:
- Ann Howard, Pulaski Memorial Hospital – Service Excellence Mentor
- Dee Ann Sanders, Beaufort Memorial – Exceptional Nurse
- Susan Stephens, Good Shepherd Health Care System – Exceptional Nurse
- Cameron Murphy, Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital – Customer Focused Physician/Provider
- Becky Pretzer, CHI St Alexius Health Carrington – Assistant Program Director
- Marisa Fricke, San Luis Valley Health – Program Director
- Marla Hassler, Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital – Program Director
- Midwest Pain Specialist, Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital – Medical Clinic of Choice
Contact Michele Matt, CSP for more information about this cultural transformation process.